1 Mountain Rd Boutique B&B (hereinafter referred to as “1 Mountain Rd”, “we”, “us” or ”our”) is committed to ensuring the protection of the privacy of all visitors (“Visitors”) to our website at https:/firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Site”), as well as all persons (“Guests”) who have stayed or have booked to stay in our establishment in the future.
Where we refer to “Personal Information”, it means personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI“), and “Personal Data” as per the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“the GDPR“). “Personal information” includes any information about a person that can be used to identify a person directly or indirectly. It includes information like a name, an identification number, location information, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person. POPI includes the personal information of juristic persons in its ambit – so we will protect the personal information of juristic persons in the same manner as any other person’s “Personal Information.”
While we do keep information about you on our system (such as your name, address, and email address), we will never disclose this information to third parties unless we are either compelled to by law or required to in order to deliver the services that you have subscribed to.
By making a booking with “1 Mountain Rd”, you are deemed to have read and agreed with all the provisions hereof.
The following sections provide the specifics of this Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, certain information about your device is automatically collected, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. This is referred to as “Device Information.”
Collection of “Device Information” uses the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. HTTP Cookies are used to track visitors to our site, so we can better understand what portions of our site best serves you.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. This data is used for general Web site and system administration and is a system function on all webservers.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. These are used to identify where users come from on the internet, and track how users browse and interact on our site.
- When you make a booking via the “Site”, we collect certain information from you, including your name, address, payment information (excluding credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Booking Information.” This information is used to process your booking with us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the “Booking Information” that we collect generally to:
- Communicate with you
- Manage and coordinate your stay with us to provide you the best possible hospitality experience that we can provide.
- Ensure we know who to contact in case of an emergency
- Facilitate payments and/or refunds through your chosen payment method
- Gain insight as to how and why you came to book with us to assess the success of our marketing and advertising initiatives.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Only collect the minimum amount of personal information required from you and will process the information only for that purpose or as otherwise required or allowed for by law;
- Take all reasonable measures to keep your “Personal Information” secure;
- Only retain your “Personal Information” for as long as is necessary or in accordance with applicable laws;
- Only share your “Personal Information” with our third-party service provider to the extent necessary for them to provide their online booking, secure payment administration and channel management services, and they have committed to having appropriate security measures in place to protect your “Personal Information”.
- Never sell your “Personal Information” to other third parties;
- May however share your “Personal Information” to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the details on the Contact page of our website.